There are so many different “Causes” in the world today. Buy a pair of shoes here, and send a pair of shoes to a person in need. Fair trade coffee. Social Justice. We live in a time where teens are more aware of whats going on around the world then ever before. They want to make a difference, they are activists who jump on board with all sorts of “Causes.” Well the greatest “Cause” of all, is THE “Cause” of Jesus, to make disciples who make disciples.
Matthew 28:18-20 “Jesus said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Session 1 - The cause
- Subject: The Great Commission.
- Central Theme: Importance of reaching the lost.
- Objective: To motivate students to live a life of mission.
- Verses: Matt. 28:18-20, Matt. 4:18-20, Acts 19:10, Eph. 6:19, Col. 4:5-6
session 2 - Pray
- Subject: Power of Prayer.
- Central Theme: Prayer fuels and focuses us.
- Objective: Every student can learn to pray with passion.
- Verses: Matt. 6:9-13, Acts 4:31, Matt. 6:7, Psalm 46:10, James 5:16, Luke 5:16
session 3 - pursue
- Subject: The Pursuit.
- Central Theme: We pursue others because we are pursued.
- Objective: To inspire students to pursue their friends with love.
- Verses: 1 John 4:19, John 3:16, Acts 1:8, Luke 7:36-47
session 4 - persuade
- Subject: Discipleship.
- Central Theme: The process of discipleship.
- Objective: To give students a clear picture of what/how to disciple friends wherever they are at in the journey of faith.
- Verses: Acts 26:28-29, Luke 6:40, John 1:39, Mark 1:15, John 1:43, Matt 4:19, John 15:16