Love God, Love Others
When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was this is how He responded.
Mark 12:30,31 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
The commandments that had been a guide for God’s people for 1,000’s of years Jesus summed up with this powerful charge. We will dive into what Jesus was saying and how it impacts our lives today. This charge to love God and Love others is simple, yet life changing.
Session 1 - back to basics
- Subject: God's Love for Sinners.
- Central Theme: We are all sinners and radically loved.
- Objective: The more we see the wretchedness of our sin, the more we see the greatness of our savior.
- Key Verses: Eph. 2: 1-10, Matt. 5:48, Luke 7:36-47, Rom. 5:8, Duet. 7:7,8, 1 John 4:10
session 2 - love god
- Subject: Word of God.
- Central Theme: Loving God with heart, soul, MIND, and strength.
- Objective: Every student can grow in their love for God as they grow in their knowledge of God.
- Key Verses: Mark 12:30,31, Duet. 6:6-9, Heb. 4:12, Psalm 119:11, 1 John 2:14, John 15:11, 1 Cor. 9:24-27
session 3 - love others
- Subject: Evangelism.
- Central Theme: Loving others requires words and action.
- Objective: Every student can truly love their neighbor by living and giving the Gospel.
- Key Verses: Rom. 1:16, 1 Cor. 3:6-7, Acts 10:42, John 14:12, 1 Cor. 2:1-5
session 4 - the cause
- Subject: The Great Commission.
- Central Theme: Make disciples.
- Objective: Every student can live out the call of Jesus by making disciples.
- Key Verses: Mark 12:30-31, Matt. 28:18-20, Phil. 4:9, Philemon 1:6, Acts 1:8