There are so many ideas about who Jesus really was. Was he a just good teacher? What did he really stand for? Through this series we will take a look at the real Jesus as revealed through scripture with the hopes that students will come to love and worship him on a greater level then ever before. The aim is that students will encounter the real Jesus and never be the same. We will take a look at 4 aspects; His LOVE for people, His LIFE given to us, His LORDSHIP over all the earth, and His LONGING for the lost to be restored.
John 3:14-15 “Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”
Session 1 - jesus is love
- Subject: God's Love.
- Central Theme: God’s Love is embodied in Jesus.
- Objective: Every student to know the Love of God for themselves personally.
- Key Verses: 1 John 4:9-12, 1 John 4:18, John 3:16, Eph. 3:17-21
session 2 - jesus is life
- Subject: Fullness of Life.
- Central Theme: Fullness of life is found in Jesus alone.
- Objective: Every student can come to experience the fullness of life through knowing Jesus.
- Key Verses: Heb. 11:25, Eccl. 2:10, John 10:10, Matt. 5:6, Phil. 3:7-8
session 3 - jesus is lord
- Subject: Going All In.
- Central Theme: Jesus deserves our entire lives.
- Objective: Every student has the ability to live wholly surrendered to Jesus.
- Key Verses: Joshua 3, Phil. 2:6-8, Matt. 16:24, 25, Matt. 13:44, Matt. 16:13-16, Rom. 10:9,10
session 4 - jesus is longing
- Subject: Love for the Lost.
- Central Theme: Jesus passionately pursued the lost.
- Objective: Every student has the ability to make a difference through the power of the Gospel.
- Key Verses: Luke 19:10, Luke 4:40-44, John 20:21, Rom. 10:14, Matt. 28:18-20